Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Quake

I have a Voodoo2, and when I try to run with the gl renderer it reports
that I don't have a Voodoo card installed.
There are different versions of Glide for Voodoo and Voodoo 2 cards. Be sure you downloaded the correct
one for your system.
When I'm playing any of the Quake games under SVGAlib or GL and
press CTRL−C, the game exits and sometimes leaves my console in an
unusable state.
Linux Quake HOWTO
My Microsoft Intellimouse or Logitech MouseMan+ isn't working correctly. 35
Sometimes when Quake/Quake II exits abnormally, it leaves my console
unusable.
Yes. This bites. SVGAlib catches the CTRL−C and decides what to do with it instead of allowing Quake to
handle it. I know of no way around this short of hacking SVGAlib.
If you run your Quake games from a script that resets the keyboard and terminal like the one below, you'll
run less chance of ending up with a hosed terminal if this does happen, though.
#!/bin/sh
./quake2 $*
kbd_mode −a
reset

Labels: